In this episode, I brought in guest Patrick “The Artiste” Carney. Patrick is a professional artist, networker, keynote speaker, and mastermind. Born and raised in New York, Patrick started hanging out in NY’s West Village around 1964, and dedicated his time to drawing and painting the world of rock n’ roll music. He soon became an influential documentary artist of rock’s most celebrated musicians.
Let’s jump right into Patrick’s story of how we can change our mindsets to thinking about the solutions instead of the problem and getting outside of our comfort zone.
[00:01 – 06:26] Opening Segment
- – I introduce and welcome guest, Patrick Carney
- – Patrick talks about how learning has changed for him today
- – Patrick shares a story from his 50th high school reunion
- – Surround yourself with people for three different areas
- – Education
- – Support
- – Spiritual
- – The Multiple of Three
- – digs deeper into why there are multiple of three people in each of his groups
[06:27 – 13:51] The Access That We Can Have to People Just by Asking
- – Patrick talks about one of his favorite mentors and how he met him
- – How David Corbin has impacted his life
- – Patrick shares the importance of masterminds and how it has helped him
- – Integrating the philosophies of Napoleon Hill
- – The bigger the person, the more you have access to them
[13:52 – 19:41] Different Styles of Learning
- – Patrick talks about his preferred forms of learning
- – He loves books
- – Patrick shares his experience from the CovAID Business Festival
- – Patrick talks about the different speakers that he follows
[19:42 – 28:31] Think about the Solutions
- – Patrick talks about what people should expect when they enter the YES Mastermind.
- – Patrick explains what he means by “coachable members.”
- – Masterminds are all about finding solutions.
- – Creating Opportunities
- – Patrick talks about the whole idea of masterminds.
[28:32 – 37:23] The Positive Effect
- – Patrick shares a story of a woman who surprised him with what she was able to accomplish after inviting her to his mastermind.
- – As a leader, you make sure that your member’s opportunity to grow is paramount to everything
- – What it takes to create success
- – Mentorship
- – Experimentation
- – Partnerships
- – Willingness to fail
- – What does it take to be willing to get over that hump where your main fear is BEING SUCCESSFUL?
[37:24 – 41:41] Closing Segment
- – What are you working on right now that’s gonna take place in the next 12 months that really excites you?
- – I am creating a series of children’s books with references from my three grandchildren. I think it’s gonna have an impact to change the lives of kids.
- – Patrick shares excellent tips and tricks that will help you in your entrepreneurial journey
- – To call each one of your customers and just say, ‘how you doing and how can I help?’ and if you can get what they need, who do you think will they call when something similar comes up again?
- – Final words from me
“Success in this world is always a matter of individual effort, yet you will only be deceiving yourself if you believe that you can succeed without the cooperation of other people.” – Napoleon Hill
“Your ability to create abundant success in the next 5 to 10 years is actually affected by the mindset of the people with whom you are collaborating. Your ability to create fulfillment in the next 5 to 10 years is affected by the fulfillment level of those you are collaborating.” – Patrick Carney
“When you think about a mastermind, and you think about pivoting, and you think about everything that we are talking about. The idea is you must surround yourself with brilliant individuals dedicated in supporting you and challenging you. Cheering you on and inspiring you to achieve and use the actual steps to get to your desired outcomes.” – Patrick Carney
- YES Mastermind
- David Corbin
- Napoleon Hill
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Law of Success in Sixteen Lesson by Napoleon Hill
- Ron Klein
- Jeffrey Fannin
- CovAID Business Festival
- Les Brown
- Scott Duffy
- Richard Branson
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to become a master of their own mind by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
You can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram, or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to get in touch and talk more about personal development and how you can live past beyond your limits.