Brandon Hakim, Founder of InsiderSchool.com, is On A Quest To Give You The Education You’ll Never Get In School. When he was in college, he went into the dean’s office and said “I feel like we’re getting an outdated education.” She said…they’re working on it. He walked out that day, and swore he’d teach himself the things he should have learned in school. He’s since read over 1,000 books, and realized that everyone who’s excelled in any area of life knew things were never taught in school. They were Insiders. He’s now helped over 500,000 people through his online courses read more books, learn better — and download the wisdom from thousands of pages of books in their brains through short, actionable videos.
In this episode, Brandon gets into how there’s no such thing as succeeding by yourself. We also get into how self and standard education share a common flaw, and why you need to plan before it happens. Check it out!
[00:01 – 03:55] Opening Segment
- I introduce our guest, Brandon Hakim
- Checkout the Success Finder App
- Check the links below
- Connect with Brandon Hakim through the links below
- Brandon’s superpower: taking a lot of information and being able to condense it into a very short and actionable form
[03:56 –14:29] Brandon and His Experience with Self-Education
- How learning has changed for him over the years
- First shift came from reading books
- Getting the best grade with the least amount of work possible
- Brandon’s coaches and masterminds
- Finding ways to make learnings actionable
- Parallels between standard and self education
- Self education: having to decide what and how to learn
- Standard education: sticking to a curriculum that does not work for your
- They share a fundamental flaw
[14:30 – 30:56] What to Expect from Brandon
- A success story when working with Brandon
- What Brandon is working on right now
- Actionable Items/Tips from Brandon
- Planning, reading books, looking at emotional reactivity
- Final words
“ So I think the biggest thing is just the mindset shift of all of your learning should lead to action.” – Brandon Hakim
“Our emotional reactivity equals your threshold of control equals the size of your arena in life.” -Brandon Hakim
It’s time to Stand Up, Show Up, and Level Up! Download The Success Finder on Apple and Google Play Store.
You can connect with me, Brandon Straza, on LinkedIn, Instagram, or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to get in touch and talk more about personal development and how you can move beyond your limits.