Lynne Franklin has spent most of her career showing executives how to connect with investors, the media, and their own employees. Along the way, she became a neuroscience nerd: translating how the brain works into practical, easy-to-use communication tools. She delivers these ideas with energy and fun. One example is her TEDx Talk: “How to Be a Mind Reader” which has gone viral, with about 4 million views. Lynne is a leadership communication consultant, coach and speaker. She is past president of the National Speakers Association Illinois Chapter and a Certified Virtual Presenter. Lynne wrote Getting Others To Do What You Want and is working on her next book—Leaders on Rapport: Secrets to Creating Successful Connections.
In this episode, Lynn talks about why you should never give your name to anybody in the first seven seconds of a conversation. Lynne gets into why confirmation bias can work against you, and she also gets into the rule of three, and how it allows you to create a bigger impact on your life and those around you. Check it out!
[00:01 – 06:46] Opening Segment
- I introduce our guest, Lynne
- Connect with Lynne through the links below
- Lynne’s superpower: understanding how the brain work
- The neuroscience behind meeting a new person
[06:47 – 20:34] Lynne and Her Experience with Self-Education
- How learning has changed for Lynne over the years
- Having confirmation bias
- Verifying new information
- Always be curious
- Different types of listening
- Lynne’s coaches and masterminds
- Giving actionable items
- Parallels between standard and self-education
- It’s not an either/or thing
[20:35 – 32:38] What to Expect from Lynne
- Key attribute to building success
- Importance of curiosity
- A success story when working with Lynne
- Exciting things in store for Lynne
- Actionable Items/Tips from Lynne
- The Rule of 3
- Final words
“By listening to somebody, it does not mean you agree, it means it’s an effort to understand.” – Lynne Franklin
“Success is always being curious about the next thing that’s out there.” -Lynne Franklin
It’s time to Stand Up, Show Up, and Level Up! Download The Success Finder on Apple and Google Play Store.
You can connect with me, Brandon Straza, on LinkedIn, Instagram, or send me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to get in touch and talk more about personal development and how you can move beyond your limits.