Nic Peterson is the founder of Mastery Mode and is regarded as one of the great philosophers and results leaders of our time. He can do such feats because he works and surrounds himself with the right people.
In this episode, we get into the intention intervention gap. We are paralyzing our actions by overanalyzing and overthinking the situation at hand. We talk a little bit about mental health and how the times have just changed differently.
- I introduce and welcome my guest, Nic Peterson.
- Connect with Nic online! See the links below.
- Nic shares how his learning has evolved over the years
- Never big into books when he was a student
- Recently became a voracious reader
- Met someone that introduced him to the Intention Intervention Gap
- Nic talks about the people he is currently learning from
- If you are getting stuck and having trouble executing what’s inside your mind, Nic has some tips for you!
- Be in a group that’s legitimately there to help one another
- People from different industries coming together in masterminds
- Cross-pollination, learn from other people’s perspectives
- Nic talks about his preferred forms of learning
- Nic shares his view on the growth of self-education and mental health awareness
- It’s becoming more acceptable to want to be better
- Accepting and knowing when to ask for help
- What to expect when you enter Nic’s reality:
- Be ready not to be “right.”
- Nic’s reality is a world of “it depends.”
- Be prepared for a real conversation and define what success is
- Nic talks about the people in his mastermind
- They optimize for what matters to them
- Why do you think we have an aversion to being successful and knowing how to get there?
- There’s a lot of self-worth stuff and sometimes survivorship biases
- Nic talks about the people in his mastermind that surprises him with their results
- They possess the willingness to listen and learn
- What are you working on right now that’s going to take place in the next 12 months that really excites you?
- It’s a platform. We’re building an application called the Mastery Mode App
- Nic shares excellent tips and tricks that will help you get in front of the line
- Have empathy
- Final words from me
“Even if you can follow other people’s problems, it’s really difficult to solve your own.” – Nic Peterson
“I think one thing we do differently is we try to really meet people where they’re at and help the whole group do the same.” – Nic Peterson
“When you define success, you have effectively also defined failure.” – Nic Peterson
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to become a master of their own mind by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
You can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram, or send me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to get in touch and talk more about personal development and how you can live past beyond your limits.