Sejal Thakkar is the Founder of Train Xtra. Dubbing herself “Chief Civility Officer”, Sejal is not your average employment law attorney! Her more than seventeen years of experience advising clients regarding sound, standard employment practices uncovered a need -and personal passion- for bringing more proactive, relevant, and impactful workplace training programs to her clients and their teams. Her highly experiential customized workshops tailored to bring the courtroom to the training room in an interactive, engaging environment that favors human stories over compliance checklists.
In this episode, Sejal gets into why it is so important that we adapt to the significant changes in the way we receive education. She also talks about the importance of knowing how uncivil behaviour looks like in order to build psychological safety among us, and adds that if we want to transform our lives, we should definitely incorporate the HAT strategy in our lives. Check it out!
- I introduce our guest, Sejal Thakkar
- Connect with Sejal through the links below
- Sejal’s superpower: help create better workplaces
- How Train Xtra came about
[05:05 – 12:59] Sejal and Her Experience with Self-Education
- How learning has changed for Sejal over the years
- Education has changed significantly
- We have to adapt
- Sejal’s mentors and masterminds
- Leveraging connections in LinkedIn
- Disconnecting to connect
[13:00 – 26:14] What to Expect from Sejal
- What to expect when you invest in yourself and work with Sejal
- Knowing what uncivil behavior and knowing what to do in the situation
- Building psychological safety
- How Sejal defines success
- Showing up and being your best self
- Being able to listen to yourself more
[26:15 – 30:50 ] Closing Segment
- Exciting things in store for Sejal
- Actionable Items/Tips from Sejal
- Watch my TEDx Talk
- Final words
“Because everybody is getting empowered at the same time, it’s going to create a situation where now you can start to build your psychological safety, so that people can feel comfortable having those conversations.” – Sejal Thakkar
“It’s just about showing up at my best every day, right? Trying my best at whatever it is that I commit to.” – Sejal Thakkar
It’s time to Stand Up, Show Up, and Level Up! Download The Success Finder on Apple and Google Play Store.
You can connect with me, Brandon Straza, on LinkedIn, Instagram, or send me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to get in touch and talk more about personal development and how you can move beyond your limits.